Ovens are appliances that have extreme temperatures. This makes the Philips 40W A15 Clear Appliance light bulb the ideal choice to use.
The reason being, this bulb is perfect to use in home appliances like refrigerators and ovens as it can withstand extreme temperatures.
Table of Contents
Can I Use A Regular Light Bulb In My Oven?
No, you cannot use a regular bulb in an oven. Because of the high heat levels, an oven needs an appliance bulb.
In addition, you cannot use an LED bulb in your oven, even if the bulb is appliance-rated.
Can You Use A Fridge Bulb In An Oven?
Yes, you can use the same bulb you use in an oven as you use in your fridge.
The bulbs are designed to get very hot or very cold and not get damaged or shatter in any way.
Another striking difference is that the bulbs have a much lower wattage compared to those you would use in other areas in the house.
A regular homes wattage will be 60-90 or 100W.
The bulbs should be bright so you can see without straining your eyes. Appliance bulbs have a much lower wattage of about 25 or 40W.
They should not be extremely bright as you only require them to help you see the ovens interior.
Do You Need Special Light Bulb For Oven?
It is essential that you use light bulbs with the right size base and the recommended wattage, and the right base size.
Ovens, freezers, range hoods, dryers, microwaves, and fridges are among the appliances that need special light bulbs.
You can use some bulbs in more than one kind of appliance.
Why Does My Oven Light Bulb Keep Blowing?
A bulb can blow due to a loose connection in the lamp fixture, particularly if the oven is old or oven pans, trays, or shelves have impacted the light fitting.
What Is The Difference Between An Appliance Bulb And A Regular Bulb?
If you have ever been looking for bulbs, you might have come by appliance-rated or appliance light bulbs.
The difference lies in that appliance types are made to resist the extreme conditions and temperatures found in appliances.
These bulbs feature a powerful filament that can resist vibrations and are often shatterproof as well.
Both appliance and regular bulbs share the same base, so you should take care not to mix them up.
A standard E26 base regular LED bulb can fit in an oven; however, the bulb will melt pretty much instantly.
Appliance bulbs tough construction will mean that they are costlier than regular ones. However, it is something that you should not economize out on, particularly when it comes to ovens.
To conclude, the difference between appliance and regular bulbs is that an appliance type is heavy-duty and made to work in extreme temperatures.
How To Replace Oven Light Bulb
It is easy to replace a bulb. You can find the oven bulb on your ovens top part, usually on a side (close to the back) or the back.
You might find some in the ovens interior top, as well.
Although these are shatterproof lights, they sometimes have a clear cover.
You should ensure that the oven is entirely cool then get rid of the racks. This will allow you to have room to reach the bulb easily and without lots of trouble.
After that, you should take out the cover and the bulb.
Make sure the bulb, if functioning, has had time to cool down too.
Depending on the oven design and type of bulb, you can remove it by:
- Cutting The Power
You should prioritize safety. Since replacing a bulb is an electrical task, unplugging the appliance is a great idea. Flipping the circuit breaker might be simpler if the plug is behind the appliance and is hard to get to.
- Clearing A Working Area And Finding The Bulb
It is easier to reach the bulb after removing all the racks from the ovens interior part. Regardless of your oven type, the cover protects the light. Halogen light bulbs come with small covers, while incandescent bulbs are simpler to reach the spot and heavier.
You can find this light at your ovens back part, in the right-hand or top left corner. Locate it with a flashlight.
- Removing The Bulb Cover
As soon as the bulb cover is visible, check if it is secured with a metal ring or wire clips. You should release these before removing the cover. With a gentle counterclockwise twist, it will be easy to remove them.
If you are having a hard time removing the cover, you can try to shake it from one side to the other. If theres still no bulging, the cover might be stuck because of the build-up of grease. It is most likely been a while since the oven was cleaned. You can consider cleaning the oven thoroughly, which lets the bulb come off easily.
After removing the bulb, you might want to check to ensure the socket is clean. After that, you can screw in the replacement bulb and firmly replace the bulb cover.
A damaged oven bulb is a real pain; however, it is a simple fix, so it is best to get the right replacement. Heres how you can look for an oven bulb to replace the one thats not working.
- Do Not Use Standard Bulbs
A normal bulb is easier and inexpensive to get than the right oven bulb; however, do not try taking shortcuts.
A standard bulb isnt made to withstand high oven temperatures. Contact with hot liquid will cause the oven bulb to shatter instantly.
- Buying The Right Bulb
It is essential that you purchase a bulb that is compatible with the specific appliance. Shapes and sizes vary greatly from one oven to another.
For this reason, you should not assume that an older bulb can work. You need to do a little homework and get it right the first time. Knowing the model of your oven can help you zero it in.
Sometimes, The Issue Is Not With The Bulb
Some people buy a new bulb and fit it into their oven, only to discover that the light still doesnt turn on.
If this takes place, it most likely means that the old light bulb was good, and you might be experiencing a wiring issue.
If your ovens light is not functioning regardless of what you do, it is best to consult an electrician before you continue working.
What Does The Oven Light Mean?
The oven light means that theres an oven cycling light operation.
This light will come on when the thermostat is set to a preferred temperature and the setting oven selector to bake.
The light switches off when the oven reaches the preferred temperature.
Why Has My Oven Light Stopped Working?
- Bulb Failure
The lights work is to light up the ovens interior part. You can inspect the bulb by checking to see if theres a broken filament.
If the bulb has a broken one, you should replace it with one type ideal for oven use.
The cap on these kinds of bulbs usually features 300 degrees Celsius print. If the new bulb isnt the correct kind, it will likely fail next time you use the oven.
- Damaged Electrical Wires And Cables
The electrical cable and wires linking all the working areas of your oven together all feature connectors at their ends.
The connectors can get faulty because of either the physical damage caused by them being cut, bent, or twisted or electrical overheating.
If these types of problems take place, the appliance wont turn on. Try to inspect the cables and wires condition; you can find them inside the exterior casing of the oven.
You can see if they are worn or damaged.
- The Light Socket Has A Faulty Contact
The socket brings the ovens light bulb into contact with the electric current. If theres a bad contact in the socket, the light wont come on.
It is best to use safety gloves when inspecting the light voltage socket for protecting yourself against the threat of electric shock.
If you have a new bulb and theres certainly current present, but the light will not come on, youll probably require socket replacement.
- Faulty Safety Thermostat
This feature helps to prevent your oven from overheating. If the safety thermostat is faulty, both the bulb and the oven wont turn on.
You can reset some safety thermostats by putting a paperclips end into a hole in the center or by pressing a small button on the top side of the thermostat.
In addition, you can use a multimeter in ohmmeter mode to inspect the thermostats condition. If the multimeter provides you with a null value, it will need replacement.
- Faulty Door Safety Lock
Most ovens come with both an oven door light switch and a manual light switch. The oven wont switch off if the door light switch breaks down. To inspect this area:
- Open your oven door
- Look for the interior oven light switch found where the door meets the oven.
- While you press the interior oven light switch, turn on the upper light switch.
- Look at the light. If it turns off during this process, it means theres a faulty door light switch that needs replacement.
- Poorly Tightened Terminal Block
- You can find the terminal block on the ovens rear, which connects the oven to the electric mains circuit. If the light supplying wire is damaged or worn or loose screws, the appliance wont come on. This means the light wont come on either. Try and tighten the terminal blocks screws. If that does not resolve the problem, you will still need replacement.
If your oven door doesnt connect with the light switch on the door, the light will remain on. You can test this by opening your oven door and pressing the light switch on the door.
If the light switches off, you will have to adjust the door. Make sure you disconnect your oven from the power and switch off the gas.
After that, it is best to adjust the leveling feet of your oven so the ovens front section is an inch higher than the ovens back.
If the hinges of your ovens door are warped or bent, the hinges need replacement. Inspect the springs.
The oven might not have springs; however, some ovens use springs for holding the door shut. To look at the springs:
- Take out the bottom drawer.
- Check out beneath your oven inside the drawer space.
- Look at the springs between your oven and door.
- You should replace the springs if they are broken, rusted, worn.
High Temperature Oven Light Bulbs
- GE Appliance Clear Light Bulb 40w, A15 Bulb Type, Medium Base | 415 Lumens
- Quality Light Bulbs For Home and Office
- Stock Up and Save!
This bulb uses warm, soft white light to light up appliances. The bulbs come with a stronger base cement and rugged filament, which makes them the best option for cold and hot appliances.
You can use these bulbs with medium bases in appliances, which include freezers, microwaves, ovens, and refrigerators.
You can use the screw base to install the bulbs easily, and they are ideal for home use. The bulbs are also energy-saving.
- Energy efficient
- 40 Watt
- Frost finish
- 1500 hours rated life
- Screw base
- 415 Lumens
- Lighting A15 Appliance Light Bulb, 40-Watts, Crystal Clear
- GE appliance light bulbs: GE appliance light bulbs can be used for many household appliances such as for oven light bulbs, refrigerator light bulbs, or microwave light bulbs.
- Specially designed appliance bulbs: These appliance bulbs are specially designed to withstand high temperatures as microwave light bulbs or oven light bulbs, and even low temperatures as refrigerator light bulbs.
- Appliance bulb featuring rugged filament: The filament in this light bulb is specially designed to be rugged and resist vibration so it can function as an appliance light bulb.
- 40-Watt appliance light bulb: This light bulb uses 40 watts of energy. It will cost $4.82 per year in energy to operate and will last 1.4 years, based on 3 hours of use per day.
- White incandescent light bulb for appliances: This light bulb outputs a white light with 2700 Kelvin temperature to illuminate your ovens, microwaves, or refrigerators as an appliance light bulb.
Forget about dim illumination with this amazing incandescent bulb. The bulb is able to shower 415 Lumens of illumination for 1500 hrs.
This bulbs frost finish gives out bright clear light. You can use its screw base to install it easily, and it is ideal for home use.
- It generates white light with 2700 Kelvin temperature to light up the refrigerator, microwave, or oven as an appliance bulb.
- This bulbs filament is specifically made to be rugged and withstand vibration, so it works as an appliance bulb.
- These bulbs are specifically made to resist low temperatures as refrigerator bulbs and even high temperatures as oven bulbs or microwave bulbs.
- The bulb uses 40 W energy.
- You can use these bulbs for lots of home appliances like microwave light bulbs, refrigerator light bulbs, or oven light bulbs.
- Microwave Light Bulb 40W E17 125V Replacement Part by Blue Stars - Exact Fit for Whirlpool Maytag Microwaves and The Lava Lamps
- ✅ EASY TO INSTALL: The 8206232A Whirlpool microwave light bulb is made exactly fit for most top name brands (Whirlpool, Amana, Maytag, KitchenAid, Kenmore, Magic Chef, Estate, Jenn-Air, Roper, Caloric, Hardwick, Inglis). The whirlpool microwave light bulbs fit these models: GMH3204XVQ3, GMH3204XVS3, GMH5205XVB1, GMH5205XVQ1, GMH5205XVS1,KMHS120EBL0, KMHS120EBL1, KMHS120EBL2, KMHS120EBL3, KMHS120EBL4, etc.
- ✅ REPLACEMENT PART NUMBERS: 0053422, 0053437, 05200136, 05200137, 14209237, 14210453, 14210811, 14218311, 14218312, 14218318, 1890433, 2635-0004, 2635-0005, 2665-0003, 4158344, 4158365, 4158432, 4164062, 4166665, 4174608, 4338831, 4359625, 4393681, 53001372, 53437, 56001071, 56001089, 57001073, 747000, 747001, 8189961, 8204855, 8205422, 8205586, 8206232, 8206443, AP4512653, R0712011, R0712013, R0712014, R0712015, R0712016, R0713503, R9800403, R9900310, W10321375, W10598935, etc.
- ✅ MULTIFUNCTION BULBS WITH PREMIUM QUALITY: The 8206232A Whirlpool microwave light bulbs are used for repairing different small household appliances including microwaves, the lava lamps, refrigerators, ovens, fans, sewing machines, etc. These whirlpool microwave light bulbs are made from durable high quality material and well-tested by the manufacturer - Meets OEM standards - Ensure long-lasting and effective performance.
- ✅ SAVE TIME SAVE MONEY: Inexpensive way to fix or repair a microwave. This exterior whirlpool microwave light bulb has a small screw-in base. To access the exterior light bulb, you will need to remove the panel on the bottom of the microwave using a Phillips screwdriver, then install it on microwave. Be sure to disconnect the power to the microwave before you begin this repair.
- 🟠 𝟏𝟎𝟎% 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘-𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄: Customer satisfaction is our priority. If for any reason you're not completely satisfied with these whirlpool microwave light bulbs, you can ask for a replacement or full refund, no questions asked. Buy with confidence!
This product is made of high-grade materials with durable filaments for resisting high temperatures and withstand vibrations.
To reach the outer bulb, it is best to use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the microwaves bottom panel.
If you havent changed the outer bulb before, its most likely held in position with silicone.
To remove the old bulb, you should cut away this silicone. If using a utility knife to access the silicone is hard, you can use dental floss to remove it.
As soon as youve removed the silicone, unscrew the old bulb, and use a new bulb as the replacement.
Make sure you disconnect the ovens power before starting the repair.
- Efficient and smooth running
- Affordable and easy to fix
- Manufactures with top quality materials
- Simple to install
- No hazardous chemicals and safe to use
- Clear and bright lights
Also Read: HOW TO FIX OVEN BEEPING SOUND
Whether it is the light in the microwave, a cooker hood bulb, or the oven light, it is best to choose a bulb brand that will quit your needs and last for a long time.
- How To Preheat Your Oven Correctly
- How To Fix Oven Beeping Sound (Helpful Guide and Tips)